Location: 1800 Kraft Dr., Suite 200, Blacksburg, VA, 24060,
Job Type: Part time to full time
Job Level: Minimum 1 year relevant experience
Biotherapeutics Inc. is looking for a highly motivated Chemistry Technician passionate about science and teamwork. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in analytical chemistry skills.
- Chemistry Work: Set up a recrystallization pipeline at BioTherapeutics for abscisic acid (ABA) and punicic acid (PUA), with the intention of recrystallizing additional compounds. Conduct recrystallization optimization analytics. Interface with chemistry department with the ABA and PUA development. Setup chemistry work space and keep detailed records of all activities, record these activities in ASANA, the Google Drive, and in a laboratory notebook. Provide weekly and bi-weekly updates of chemistry progress to the BioTherapeutics team. Working with a food science expert to find ways to emulsify pomegranate seed oil for beverage applications.
- Laboratory Maintenance: upkeep laboratory tasks, manage inventories, write SOP’s, maintain laboratory and electronic notebooks and records. Maintain and stock materials/reagents/products used in laboratory animal procedures.
- Experiments/Projects: maintain laboratory experiments, create reports for experimental results and communicate them to senior leadership. Assist with product development for nutritionals.
- Passion for teamwork, immense energy, absolute integrity, and an A+ attitude.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mouse handling, housing and husbandry, genotyping, management, SOP development, record keep skills
- 1 year minimum of relevant experience required
- Understanding of responsibilities listed above.
- Customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of mucosal immunity and inflammatory processes.
- Broad range of analytical chemistry skills
- Sample processing for sequencing applications
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry staining and analysis
- Analytical software: PRISM, FACS Diva, FlowJo, Excel, SAS, IPA
- Demonstrated experience analyzing, interpreting and presenting experimental data and developing reports.
- Familiarity with drug development process highly desired
- IACUC, IBC, and IRB protocol writing experience.