Office Administrative Assistant
Our BioTherapeutics Inc. (BTI) team believes that personal growth is a dynamic process. Here at BTI, each position is designed for employees to grow continually into new roles as the team develops, attaining exciting responsibilities shaped by the interest of the employee and the direction of the company. Our intention is to is expand your horizons while BTI accrues and captures new value.
The Office Administrator will perform various day-to-day activities in the Company’s facilities; open and process mail, enter invoices, receipts and other items into the company Quickbooks accounting system; record hours worked for staff on various projects, print checks to pay vendors and staff at the appropriate times, help manage the payroll system, including payroll tax submission; provide information to management when required, manage the credit card reconciling system; reconcile accounts every month and at year’s end; complete and submit all necessary forms for the State and Federal authorities on a quarterly basis; complete all necessary forms for the State and Federal authorities at the end of year/beginning of year; ensure purchasing of laboratory supplies and chemical stocks is handled correctly. You will work with BTI’s senior leadership team in a customer service-oriented manner. This will be a part-time position with the possibility of full time pending performance.
- Finances: Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; tracking budget expenses; overseeing bookkeeping using QuickBooks and other software; helping company accountants prepare for audits and reports; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions. Ensures accounts are maintained in a manner that is compliant with funding agencies regulations.
- Procurement and Supplies: Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing ordering systems, contacting and maintaining vendor relations, upkeeping and obtaining discounted quotations, receipt management and recording, and equipment procurement.
- Proposals and contract support: Assist BTI team with SBIR/STTR grant and contract submission process; compile biosketches, develop budgets, inform team of changes in contract/grant regulations.
- Scheduling: Maintains calendars for the team. Sets up and schedules appointments and meetings with partners, investors, executives, and others as necessary. Books travels and manages trip logistics as needed.
- Personnel: Assist with onboarding new personnel. Assists Senior Leadership and maintaining HR functions and policies.
- Communication: oversee communication systems (phone, email, fax), upkeep project management softwares.
- Social Media: Writes BTI press releases. Maintain the BTI website and other social media systems such as Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook.
- Record Maintenance: Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records. Maintains the intellectual patent portfolio of BTI, including tracking status of pending patent, issued and in development patent applications and papers.
- Understanding of responsibilities listed above.
- Passion for teamwork, immense energy, absolute integrity, and an A+ attitude.
- Customer service orientation.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping using QuickBooks, basic accounting and budgeting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment, decision-making ability, reliability, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated expertise at communicating in both oral and written forms, including communication through technology (i.e. Google Suite,Microsoft Suite and other programs used to create and distribute reports and key information).
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Familiarity with an office environment.
- BS/BA in accounting, business administration, communication, English or other suitable discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise at maintaining company accounts in Federal/NIH compliance
- Experience in grant submission and management.
- Contract and grant writing experience.
- Experience in photoshop and website design.
- Performs beyond expectations.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while performing the Company’s work.