Job Title: Corporate Accountant
Reports to: Founder, Executive Chairman
The Corporate Accountant has direct responsibility for a wide variety of fiscal and related administrative functions for the Company. The Corporate Accountant will have a CPA and at least 5 years of corporate accounting and grants management experience. The Corporate Accountant will be completely aligned with BTI’s entrepreneurial culture fueled by innovation and growth that is encapsulated in four fundamental pillars: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial management, including financial planning and analysis, budgeting and accounting.
- Financial reporting and auditing.
- Prepare and compile documentation for award opportunities such as Just–In-Time (JIT) requests and federal award closeouts.
- Managing budgets for each individual funded project, performing drawdowns as appropriate.
- Liaise with various key contacts from external sources to facilitate the application review and grants management processes.
- Manage project budgets and administer and track fund withdrawals.
- Prepare and file FFR reports for grant awards within specified deadlines.
- Maintain time tracking for BTI employees for all applicable projects.
- Administer corporate payroll.
- Implement and manage employee health benefits.
- Implement and manage employee retirement benefits.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records for all active Federal awards, reconcile bank and credit accounts.
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable balances.
- Managing general procurement and travel.
- Process payments for outstanding liabilities.
- Provide follow up on receivables as needed.
- Assist with revenue forecasting.
- Monitor corporate insurance policies to ensure there are no lapses in coverage. Renew and apply for insurance policies as necessary.
- Financial policy and procedure development and management.
- Prepare bi-weekly financial reports to monitor grant status and activities.
- Prepare 1099’s and W2’s for BTI employees and contractors as required.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts and close the books.
- Prepare Journal Entries and liaise with corporate tax team for year end tax filings.
- Assist in employee onboarding, hiring, training and management of employee benefit eligibility and execution.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all company deliberations and plans.
- Team player, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Faithfully performs any other tasks requested by the executive leadership.
- Act in accordance with Company’s policies and in alignment with the corporate culture.
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location